Sunday, August 16, 2015

UPS vs. FedEx - UPS nightmare

Last week I was with some students at a hotel in New Jersey. One student left his backpack there, which the hotel found and saved for us. I called UPS to schedule a pickup for after 1pm. Everything was confirmed, but then the driver arrived early, at about 10AM. Since he was so early, the hotel hadn't printed out the package yet. The lady at the hotel rushed to print it, and she arrived at the front desk 5 minutes later with the backpack in a labeled box. However, the driver had grown impatient and left.

The hotel notified me and I called UPS customer service. They asked for my tracking number, which I provided. Then I provided my shipping label. With this information, they weren't able to bring up anything about my order. They then said that they couldn't do anything without a confirmation number. I checked my email for a confirmation number, and didn't find one. Ultimately, I had to pay again for the driver to do his job and pick up the package. However, at this point, I have zero faith that UPS will do what I paid them to do, and I am trying to figure out another way. I'm beyond frustrated at this point and have decided to never use UPS again. At least, if there's an option.

Dear UPS, please email confirmation numbers to your customers as well as the tracking numbers. Also, please hire drivers that read instructions. If an order says to pick up a package after 1PM, don't arrive at 10AM and leave after three minutes of waiting. This is horrible customer service, and I am now a proud FedEx customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment